I have a friend who is expecting and I just wanted to give her a tiny something. I didn't have a small enough gift bag, so I made one. It was very plain so I created a tag to go on the front of it. I had the idea that I wanted to have my stamped image match the papers but wasn't sure how to do that. Here is what I came up with.
1. I cut out a piece of the lightest part of the paper I could find it was hard because there where flowers everywhere. I then stamped an image from the OAK Tree-Baby Bumps Stamp set.
2. I colored her in using my Spectrum Noir Markers. I love how it turned out.
3. Cut her out leaving a tiny border
4. I cut out flowers from the paper, and used the same Spectrum Noirs to add a bit more color and pull it all together. I also cut out a small banner and stamped the "Good things come in small packages" sentiment.
5. I cut out the tag at 4 1/2in X 3in. and distressed it a bit. I used a Tim Holtz Distress tool on the edges, then inked it with Black Soot Distress Ink. I wrinkled it a bit and added a few splashes of Perfect Pearl Mists. I cropped the edges and rounded the bottom. I also punched a small hole with my crop-a-dile.
6. I adhered all the pieces to the tag. I popped a few of them up on dimensional tape.
7. To finish off the tag I added a a few yellow rhinestones to the flowers. I ran tulle thru the whole and stapled it to make sure it stayed in place.
I added all the tag to the front of the bag with dimensional tape and used the same tulle to stuff in the bag. I really love how it all came out.
Thanks for looking, hope this inspired you to pull out your stamps and create!!!!
Thanks for taking a look at todays Oak Tree Stamps Design Team Project. Make sure to say hi to Christopher Lopez at his following social media sites: